1.12.2007

JT concert

I'm so glad I took the day off. I feel like I got beat up when I woke up this morning. Ahhh...the aftermath of transforming into a teenybopper. After a long, busy day at work then driving 1.5 hours to San Jose through rush hour traffic I was feeling cranky. My cousin drove up from Santa Barbara to go with me. That's about a 4 hour drive. I told her I had backup to take her place if she didn't want to drive all that way. She wasn't missing this concert for anything, even if she had a 10am class she couldn't miss the next morning.

After standing outside in the freezing cold (where did this Tahoe weather come from?!), we made it in the HP Pavillion, got food and settled in. We both forgot our cameras so I had to use my cell cam. The pics came out dark. This is what the stage looked like:


















See the neon green areas in the pic? Those are bars on the floor...4 total. I didn't even notice until Pink came out and opened the show. Speaking of Pink...I've never heard her live. She did awesome. She really CAN sing. At the end of her set she did all a crazy Cirque du Soleilesque performance spinning and hanging from ceiling.

Here's us waiting for Justin to come out:



9PM..show starts. The stage transformed into a giant mosquito net. Here's a review of the show that I agree with. After the anticipation of it all, I found that it was just OK. Not as exciting as the *NSYNC days but I still screamed and danced around. I was wiped out after the first hour.

See Justin? I swear...really that's him in the front.

Here's a pic of part of the "mosquito net" screen they used to put video images of the performance.

Although the stage show needed work, Justin is still an awesome performer.

Oh yeah...the highlights:

Since the show went past 11pm, a lot of people started leaving by the closing song and didn't want to wait for the encore. My cousin grabbed me and we took off down the aisle to get closer to the stage. We got down to the second row! We found Justin's mommy standing less then 10 feet away from us. She was in her own world singing along to Justin singing his encore while she watched him on a video monitor. It was cute. A minute later...out comes Timbaland. My cousin almost went crazy the closer he got to us. She was yelling out, "TIM!! TIM!!" to get his attention. She thought she almost got it when he came to the front row and shook a little boy's hand and then took off backstage. We were there long enough after the show ended to see Justin walk right by us to head backstage too. I was too tired to be starstruck.

My cousin was satisfied and she took off on her 4 hour drive back to school. I crashed 30 minutes after arriving at my parent's house. Around 4:15 my cousin left a voice mail on my cell saying she made it back safely. I would never be able to do that, but she says it was worth all that driving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once "in the before time" (pre-kids) we went to Las Vegas for a concert on a sunday night....drove home afterwards (5 hours), slept an hour, drove a friend to LAX (2 hours) and got into work by noon.

Now, if I'm not in bed by 10, I'm useless the next day.

I'm glad you had a good time - although I missed our daily bantering. :)

jeaniebeanie said...

damn...you wild thing.