3.01.2007

Nice surprise

I was in a rush this morning and left the house without my cell phone. I hate that. I feel like a part of my body is missing. Isn't that crazy? I almost turned the car around 10 minutes into my drive to work and said screw it...not worth wasting my gas. I'll live. I thought forgetting celly was setting the tone for the day. When I arrived at work and settled down at my desk my boss came over and gave me this knitting book she bought at her grandson's bookfair yesterday.

As much as I bitch about my boss she's very generous and thoughtful. I honestly think it's a guilt gift for covering her ass so much lately. It could've been because she gave me a gigantic box of chocolates for Valentine's Day when she damn well knew that's the last thing I needed. I dunno...whatever the reason it was very nice of her. I flipped through it - some are kinda cool, some are kinda fugly. That's like every knitting book I've flipped through. Sometimes you have to wonder if the designer was on crack or some hallucinogen to come up with all the fugliness I've seen.

I just checked the final scores for the first game day of Spring Training. Oy. A's had a great lead against the Brewers and by the 5th inning everything went down hill. Oy. On the other hand it looks like Zito helped put the smack down on the Cubs for the Giants...sorry Angie. ( I swear I will only blog about the Giants if I'm talking about Zito.) GAWD! Just a little over a month to go before the regular season begins!!!!

No comments: