3.18.2007

Storm on St. Patty's Day




St. Patrick's Day turned out pretty well and it was a gorgeous outside. :) I lounged most of the day until I needed to get ready and head over to Sweetwater. When Bubba and I made it to Mill Valley we had enough time to grab some dinner at Amberjack Sushi. I thought we would get to the venue early enough to get a table. NOPE! They set up the place completely different than the last time we saw Storm there. Instead of tables near the front of the stage they arranged the tables alongside the wall opposite from the bar. This makes it so they can cram more people into the long room. All the tables were taken and so was every seat at the bar. BAH! Guess there will be no knitting while passing the time. We had no choice but to stand. There were 2 hours to kill before the opening act came on. We went to a coffee shop down the street. I needed some energy to keep me up and standing during the show. By 8:30 we found ourselves back at Sweetwater. One more hour to go...

Bubba got us some drinks and we just stood right in front of the stage to secure a spot. Some of the band came out and did some sound checks. It provided some entertainment. Then Heather Combs, the opener, came on the stage to prep and people started crowding around us. She chit chatted with a couple of us at the front. She was very nice, even asked what our names were. By 9:30pm Heather started the show. She was kind of Melissa Ethridge-esque. She was really good. Between each song she was determined to keep her guitar in tune and get connected with the audience by telling some stories, especially the first time she met Storm years ago.

We've been standing over 2 hours and Sweetwater felt like a sauna. I couldn't even see beyond the wall of people behind me. From what I could overhear we were packed in like sardines. Storm and The Balls came out a little after 10:45pm. Storm was gorgeous! She came out in a baby blue goddess looking dress and barefoot with metallic blue polish on her toe nails. As expected, the girl brought it and the band was awesome. There were many times during the performance where she stood right in front of us and her boobs were right over my head or in my face. I glanced over at Bubba a couple of times and I could tell he was uncomfortable. He was scared she'd accidentally punch him because she got so into the music thrashing around on stage. She wasn't bashful about groping herself in front of us either. The show ended at 12:30am . I wanted to stay and take a picture with her but Bubba was ready to head home. :( Oh well. Out of the 3 live shows I've seen her in, that was absolutely the best Storm show I've ever been to.

On our way out of Mill Valley we got pulled over for going 72 mph in a 55 mph zone. Fortunately the CHP cop was nice. He noted the GPS in our windshield and realized we weren't from the area. Phew!

No comments: