I turned down the offer not because I thought I'd be nice and let co-worker go because she couldn't last time. I decided not to go because it was SO last minute! They wanted to put me on a plane 3 hours after we got the call. The time to get home (I don't live close to work), pack, and get to the airport (45 min away from home) wouldn't have worked for me. I didn't feel like being stressed. I gladly enjoyed co-worker running around the office trying to figure out how to get to the airport. It's funny...my boss didn't even offer to take her. She completely let her fend for herself. I would've taken her to get out of the office for 2 hours but I had taken the bus today. Oh well.
Co-worker asked me to take care of her cats while she's gone. I may just stay at her house tomorrow night since I wasn't planning on doing any driving at all this week. HAVE YOU SEEN THE GAS PRICES?! I'm going to use her house to my advantage. Saving gas and sleeping in another hour. Awesome.
1 comment:
When I used to sit in your chair in the same cube....I came to work one day and they said...."WE NEED YOU TO FLY TO PHOENIX IN TWO HOURS AND STAY FOR A WEEK!" I was like Huh???? I had to race home, pack, and get to the Oakland Airport in time. I also had NEVER flown before because I was terrified. Anyway...it was a horrendous experience and I got to Phoenix and raced into the office only to have them say they *thought* they should be getting busy any second now......I sat for 5 days doing virtually nothing. At least I flew for the first time without enough time to fully freak out. Peace out.
Post a Comment