2.20.2007

Holiday Weekend

Sorry I'm so behind in posting. Normally I'm in Monterey over this long holiday weekend. Bubba goes scuba diving with his uncle and his aunt and I hit the shopping areas. Sadly, since funds are low we all didn't go and we didn't do much. I was determined to do SOMETHING though. Aisha Tyler was on my morning radio show heavily promoting her appearance at my favorite comedy club in SF. I saw her a couple years ago and she was hilarious. I thought it would be nice to go into the city and have a few laughs so we all decided to go. My brother's girlfriend seemed to have the same idea and she evited us to go with them. COOL! A fun night out in SF! I <3>

The plan was to have some dinner before the show and eat near the comedy club. Plans changed when I needed gas halfway through the drive there. We stopped for gas in Layfayette, started driving toward the freeway, then suddenly realized there's no fucking way I can wait another hour to eat something. We ended up at a restaurant called
Pizza Antica. I've been wanting to try this place every time I pass it on the way to the yarn store. As soon as we got a look at the menu I think we both started drooling over the pizza choices. Look at the menu...I told you! I ordered the second pizza listed and added Cabrese sausage and Bubba got the one with Bartlett pears with an addition of prosciutto. We also got the smoked salmon bruscetta as an appetizer. OMG!!!! SOOOOOOOOO good!!! I LOVE snooty food and pretentious pizza! For dessert we shared the apple and huckleberry crisp with vanilla gelato. It tasted like heaven. Before it disappeared into our bellies I snapped a pic of it: I think I gobbled it up before Bubba could get to his second bite. Even the drink I ordered was ridiculously good...a blood red orange limeade. YUMMMMMMM!

OK, I'll shut up now about food. On to the comedy club...

We got there too freakin' early. I thought we could find street parking near the club so we wouldn't have to pay for parking. Unfortunately it wasn't going to happen when the city is packed with holiday tourists and Chinese New Year celebrations. Regardless, it was a nice night to go walking around the wharf and North Beach neighborhoods. We were the first to arrive at the club so we were able to get a good table near the front of the stage. Right behind our table was part of the morning show crew I've listened to for the past 10 years. It was kinda cool! I kept looking over at them and trying to listen in on their conversations but it was too noisy in the room to hear anything. The rest of our table arrived as soon as the show started. The first guy on was Mark Pitta...more of a local comedian/tv news personality...soooo funny. Makes the best Al Pacino and Robert Deniro impressions. Even almost looks like them when he's in character. Aisha was hilarious of course. So beautiful and tall too. Right after she got off stage my brother and Bubba both told me at the same exact time that she reminded them of a female Dave Chappelle because of her joke delivery and the way she moved on stage. I couldn't see it at first, but after thinking about it I kind of agree.

After the show we were supposed to stay at his aunt and uncle's overnight so we could go check out the new richie rich shopping area in SF. Unfortunately Bubba kept getting emergency calls from work so it was best to head home so he could fix problems. =/ It was probably best for me too not to walk into a mall.

No comments: