
I went straight to the game on Friday after work and it was FREEZING as soon as the sun went down. I got another A's hoodie to keep me warm. LOVE IT. Maybe when it gets warmer out I'll get a jersey. The game went into extra innings so I didn't get home till after midnight and couldn't fall asleep till after 2 am.
I planned to go to The Cat's Pajamas warehouse sale in Berkeley Saturday morning but the doors opened at 9 am. I had heard that if you're even a couple minutes late you'd miss out on the best stuff. On 4 hours of sleep I somehow dragged myself out of bed and drove to the sale. There were at least 20 women (some sucker hubby's too) in line. I asked some ladies around me if they've been to this sale before and they said the turn out is much bigger. They thought the weather put a damper on that. I wasn't complaining. They told me how the room is set up so I had a little plan in my head of what to go for. They also stressed that if you like something grab it and then decide later if you want it or not because it will most likely be gone fast. By the time they opened the doors any plan I had went out the window. The room wasn't big and it was kind of set up really bad. Now imagine 50+ crazed women with a mission running around the room with their arms full of loot. There was a giant work table in the middle that took up too much of the room. There was a flannel robe I really wanted and I saw it. Stupid me didn' t grab it when I should've. By the time I turned around everything in my size was gone. ALL OF IT. GONE. IN SECONDS!!! WTF?! The ladies in line were totally right. Some people were down right rude and impatient. I'm sorry but you can't come into this thing with attitude and piss people off. Just effing be courteous people!! I wanted to backhand one woman....I was blocking her way only because someone was in front of me and I wasn't going to mow that person down to get past her. I heard a pissy sigh so I turned around and gave her a "effing relax!!!" look. She turned around and went the other way. UGH! This is why I avoid things like this. I purchased some nice things for me and for others as gifts. I'd go again, but definitely with a better game plan and a friend. And dammit, I'm getting a flannel robe!
I should've went straight to my parent's house to get some sleep but ended up having breakfast with a friend before I got there. By the time I settled down at the house I had 2 hours to nap before getting ready to go to the game. I couldn't fall asleep!!! I was really tired at the game but the cold weather kept me awake. Just my luck, the game went into extra innings again. At least the A's weren't going down without a fight. Unfortunately they lost. We didn't attend the third Yankees game yesterday but I caught it on tv. They won just by the skin of their teeth. At the bottom of the ninth the score was 4 to 2 with NY in the lead. Oakland had 2 men on base and 2 outs. Marco Scutaro was up at bat and with 2 strikes. Before I knew it my brother is screaming, "it's gone!!!" Scutaro belted the ball for a home run. AWESOME. I couldn't believe it. Scutaro does it again. My brother and I launched off the couch screaming and jumped up and down like we won the lottery. Hope I can handle not going to a game for another month.
I planned to go to The Cat's Pajamas warehouse sale in Berkeley Saturday morning but the doors opened at 9 am. I had heard that if you're even a couple minutes late you'd miss out on the best stuff. On 4 hours of sleep I somehow dragged myself out of bed and drove to the sale. There were at least 20 women (some sucker hubby's too) in line. I asked some ladies around me if they've been to this sale before and they said the turn out is much bigger. They thought the weather put a damper on that. I wasn't complaining. They told me how the room is set up so I had a little plan in my head of what to go for. They also stressed that if you like something grab it and then decide later if you want it or not because it will most likely be gone fast. By the time they opened the doors any plan I had went out the window. The room wasn't big and it was kind of set up really bad. Now imagine 50+ crazed women with a mission running around the room with their arms full of loot. There was a giant work table in the middle that took up too much of the room. There was a flannel robe I really wanted and I saw it. Stupid me didn' t grab it when I should've. By the time I turned around everything in my size was gone. ALL OF IT. GONE. IN SECONDS!!! WTF?! The ladies in line were totally right. Some people were down right rude and impatient. I'm sorry but you can't come into this thing with attitude and piss people off. Just effing be courteous people!! I wanted to backhand one woman....I was blocking her way only because someone was in front of me and I wasn't going to mow that person down to get past her. I heard a pissy sigh so I turned around and gave her a "effing relax!!!" look. She turned around and went the other way. UGH! This is why I avoid things like this. I purchased some nice things for me and for others as gifts. I'd go again, but definitely with a better game plan and a friend. And dammit, I'm getting a flannel robe!
I should've went straight to my parent's house to get some sleep but ended up having breakfast with a friend before I got there. By the time I settled down at the house I had 2 hours to nap before getting ready to go to the game. I couldn't fall asleep!!! I was really tired at the game but the cold weather kept me awake. Just my luck, the game went into extra innings again. At least the A's weren't going down without a fight. Unfortunately they lost. We didn't attend the third Yankees game yesterday but I caught it on tv. They won just by the skin of their teeth. At the bottom of the ninth the score was 4 to 2 with NY in the lead. Oakland had 2 men on base and 2 outs. Marco Scutaro was up at bat and with 2 strikes. Before I knew it my brother is screaming, "it's gone!!!" Scutaro belted the ball for a home run. AWESOME. I couldn't believe it. Scutaro does it again. My brother and I launched off the couch screaming and jumped up and down like we won the lottery. Hope I can handle not going to a game for another month.
No comments:
Post a Comment