4.03.2007

Opening Day from Hell

I'm talking about the Giants home opening day. I am absolutely exhausted. Today was an effing mess. I had it all planned out yesterday. Leave the house by 10am. Be at BART by the latest around 10:30am. Make it to SF by noon at the latest giving me enough time to take light rail or walk to the park. Be seated before game starts at 1:05. Great plan huh?

Well, people...it all went to hell when I couldn't find ANY parking at 4 different BART stations. FOURRRRR BART STATIONS!!!! WTF?!?!?!? I seriously wanted to cry. I even drove around the surrounding streets around the stations and couldn't find anything. I had no choice but to drive to the park. I made good time getting to the park but finding parking was another story. OMG. I was led to a parking lot blocks away and by the time I got there I was turned away. They ran out of room. It was the last lot left. Where the hell do I go now? I was so frustrated and about to turn around and head home. I kept driving. I found myself 20 blocks away and found a parking spot in front of a nice apartment complex. I decided to park. I made it this far so I may as well go.

Towards the end of the walk from hell.

Twenty minutes later (I'm vertically challenged and a slow walker) I was at the park and headed to the ticket window where Erin left my ticket. I immediately called my friend who works in the sales office so he could give me my ticket as soon as I walked in. He said he couldn't find it. WHAT?! I call Erin to make sure she left it. I ask sales friend to look under her name. He found it. Phew. I said my good byes and I went on my way to my seat on Club Level.

Nice seats!

I just made it by the start of the first inning and proceeded to bitch and whine to Erin throughout the game (sorry Erin). As for Barry Zito, it was not a good start at all. I felt really bad for the boy. I got to see him up at bat once. They pulled him from the game by the 5th inning, right before his second up at bat. After that I was bored. No more Zito to gawk stalk through my binoculars. SF lost against San Diego 7-0. Ouch. That's worse than yesterday's A's game.

Yummy Zito!

After grabbing dinner and hanging out at Borders across from the park to chill for awhile until traffic died down I needed to get back to my car. The sun was setting fast. I couldn't hail a cab to save my life so I had no choice but to walk back to my car. All effing 20 blocks. All alone in 20 minutes. I've got blisters to prove it. It got dark during my walk. I was nervous. If i had enough energy I would've run because that area wasn't the best place for a female to walk alone.

The bottom line: As much as I crush hard on Zito, it wasn't worth all that hard work getting there and back. It had a lot to do with my poor miscalculated planning, but shit....4 BART STATIONS?!?!? That has never happened to me ever.

One opening day down....one more to go. I need a better plan for the A's home opener on Monday. *passing out now*

No comments: