4.25.2007

I think I've got it!

My dad's recipe for pork adobo!!!! You have no idea what I went through to finally get it right before my dad finally gave up his recipe and tips. I learned the hard way of what not to do. The big no no making this? DO NOT USE LEAN PORK. If you're trying to lose weight, don't eat this. If you use lean cuts, it will dry out so fast that you may as well eat a pad of paper. The more fat marbled in the meat the better. I had screwed up this dish so bad last week that I had to redeem myself by making it the right way today.

Couple of sidenotes:

*A's vs Mariners - WTF?!?!?! Chavvy was sooooo safe!!!! Effing blind umpire. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Unfortunately it's not a televised day game and I'm working from home tomorrow. =/ That sucks.
*Because the game ended so fast, I'm watching American Idol. Celine Dion and Elvis are performing a duet . I'm officially weirded out. I think my parents are having heart attacks. They hate Celine and think Elvis is a god. Oy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you and your adobo!! Now I think you should try to perfect Olive Garden's Pasta E Fagioli soup. Please and thank you.

jeaniebeanie said...

I've never had that soup at OG, but I know that someone we both know has made it and brought me a bowl to try. It was yummy! If you want I shall ask. =)