I sat in my car for awhile, ate lunch, and knitted until the sun broke through the coastal fog. I didn't take a scarf with me because I usually keep one of those many scarves I've knitted in my car. Today was the day I needed one and of course I had taken my scarf out of the car to wash it a few months ago and never put it back. UGH! I didn't dress very well for this beach weather either but at least I had a blanket and beach chair.
Aside from almost getting smacked by a kite and the strong wind (see my crazy wind swept hair?!), it was a very nice day at the beach. I accomplished a little bit on my fingerless gloves. I even wore the glove I finished because it was that cold.
When I finally made it home I put my stuff away and got some chores done before getting comfy on the couch to watch tv. I noticed the pillows on the couch were a little topsy turvy so I picked one up to fix it. Then I saw it. The tail feather of a dead bird crammed in the corner of the couch. The culprit?
Mana of course. He's quite the hunter. This is dead animal #3. The first was a rat a couple months ago, a dead bird a few weeks ago, and now this bird. Bubba has been home to dispose of the animals but not today. I HAD to do it or deal with a dead bird on the couch until he got home. It was heavier than I thought. When I took a closer look I noticed the back of it's head was bashed up pretty bad....so bad there's blood on the cushion. Great. I'm more afraid for the birds than for my cat when he sneaks out of the house.




No comments:
Post a Comment