With this beautiful spring weather we're having it would be a great time to have a picnic! I'm specifically talking about a picnic at one of the oyster farms along the shoreline of Tomales Bay. See the beautiful view of Hog Island Oyster Co. in this vid?
The kumamotos are my FAVORITE! BBQ it, top with a mayo/sriracha mix, a bit of Yank Sing's Chili XO Sauce, and tobiko...you'll be in oyster heaven. I like this concoction on sweetwaters too. I wish I could go tomorrow but you have to reserve a table way in advance for that place. The other oyster farm is good too but doesn't have the view that Hog Island does.
If I haven't already picked up some Cowgirl Creamery cheese store and water crackers at the grocery for the picnic, then I do it afterwards since it's just down the road in Point Reyes. They have every cheese you can imagine. It can get busy in there in spurts because people want to try a sample of everything. If you're not the type to do that you can just ask for the recommendations since they're so knowledgeable about all the cheese they have. This guy explains why you should go to a cheese store (you must!) if you've never been to one before. I love his first answer. =)
Picnic anyone?
4 comments:
I want baked cheese scallop and oyster. It so yummy...
I'm in! Let's go!
Debbie - that combo sounds delicious!
Erin - oysters and cheese on the bay it is! just as soon as i get over this dang cold. =/
Yay!!!! so excited!
Post a Comment