This weekend will be a lot more mellow than last. Last Friday night I saw the midnight showing of Rock of Ages at the Curran Theater in SF. We got there much to early so Bubs and I roamed Union Square till we found a Starbucks that was opened late. I needed a very large coffee to stay awake. After I downed the coffee while watching a busker do a fire show flinging 2 balls on a chain. He asked every girl that passed by if she wanted to light his balls on fire (seriously, he used this line). No girl could resist lighting his balls on fire. My phone pics came out too dark so it's not worth posting.
By 11:00pm we made our way to the theater...only because we needed to use the potty badly after all that liquid consumption. We were waiting so long for the show to start and the ushers were non-existent when we were looking for our seats. We didn't even get a Playbill from an usher until we were already seated. Of course as soon as I take a quick pic of the stage (which is always a no-no but there was no one on the stage!) I get tapped on the back and get a loud reprimand from an usher. NO PICTURES! Where did she come from? Fine fine I'm putting it away. Sheesh.

I didn't expect to like this show as much as I did. It was pretty funny and really good. I'm even impressed by Constantine Maroulis' performance. He should be good though since he originated his part. The guy who played Stacey Jaxx was so good. He sang so well...better than the real rockers.
Here's my new bike! I haven't been so excited over a bike in a long time.
I had every intention to go to Sunday Streets but didn't feel like driving to the city and figuring out parking, etc. There were a lot of events going on that day. We settled on exploring the Iron Horse trail that runs parallel to 680 from Concord to Dublin. After we had lunch at Yankee Pier in Lafayette (yummy lobster rolls!) we found a staging lot in Walnut Creek and we were on our way.
I only wanted to ride a few miles, maybe to Danville and back. Bubs had other plans for me. We ended up riding all the way down to the end of the trail....the Dublin BART station. Round trip back to our car it would've been a 30 mile ride. I thought my legs were going to give out on me on mile 17. Understand that I haven't ridden a bike in a few years. It's typical for Bubs to push my physical abilities. =/ At mile 24 the chain on my bike fell of the gears and got jammed. I know it's totally my fault. I think I accidentally shifted gears while I was stopped at the stop light at the same time back peddling. Never do that. It makes a giant mess of things. We had no tools on us to fix it and a hard core biker stopped to help but he didn't have tools either. (I made a mental note to buy a tool kit soon).
Fortunately we were at a part of a trail where we were crossing a major road in Danville. I was able to sit in a shopping area and waited for Bubs to ride back to the car to pick me up. Only 6 miles left and the way he rides fast I was only waiting 30 min. Unfortunately by late afternoon the wind was picking up and it was freezing out. He could've been back to me sooner but there are a lot of crossings where you have to stop/slow down for traffic.
Lesson learned? Buy a tool kit and a better bike seat made for females. Last Tuesday night my girly bits still felt like they got punched.


No comments:
Post a Comment