
At the end of August, Robert and I went to Hawaii with 3 other couples. We rented a beach house in Laie (North Shore) literally across the street from the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu. We only went by pictures and the good feedback from previous renters. Good feedback only shown on the website should've tipped us off. Before arriving at the beach house we were cracking jokes about how the place might be a run down shack. The back side of the house (first thing you see when you drive up) we were not pleased. It looked very weather beaten. At least the wood did. It would've looked a lot better if the owners treated the wood to protect it. Inside was a different story. It was nice and homey. We found that the laundry washer/dryer kept outside was a bit strange but it seemed like a lot of homes in that area did the same. There was a lot of shopping, snorkeling and sunbathing. I got dark fast and sunburned several times that I got sick of being in the sun after just a few days. We ended up staying longer than planned thanks to my cousin Emma and her husband's hospitality. They let us and another couple stay with them for 3-4 more days and took us on a couple of off road adventures on the North side of the island. Never thought I'd go camping in Hawaii. It was fun.
On a sad note, a couple of weeks after getting back from Hawaii, my gray kitty passed away at the end of September. She had a long 13 years with me and she'll be missed.
Not much has really been going on in the meantime...just the usual driving back and forth seeing friends and family when I can. I think in the past month I've been to San Francisco visiting family and doing other activities there practically every weekend. It would be easier if I lived in SF. I would LOVE to leave in or near there. There's always so much to do.
Holidays have come and gone. Fortunately only minor drama came up. I won't go into it. Because of any drama, the older I get the more I dread the holidays. It makes me want to run away and go on a vacation so I don't have to deal with it.
That's all that I can say for now. Maybe this year will bring me some luck and changes for the better. *crossing fingers*
No comments:
Post a Comment