12.31.2008

Why am I at work on NYE?

I could've asked for some time off but I'm hoarding as much PTO as possible. I did ask the boss if I could shut down my department an hour early since I'll be the only one here after 3pm. No insane engineer better come in here asking to get something done that can't wait till Friday. If all goes as planned then I could meet up with Bubba's family in time for my last meal of 2008 at Hungry Hunter in So. SF. There's a piece of prime rib or filet mignon with my name on it! Not my ideal place for dinner but it's what the grandparent's enjoy and it's 50 times better than the ghetto hotel restaurant we went to last year for NYE dinner. Talk about a giant FAIL.

After dinner most of us will head over to Cobb's Comedy Club in Northbeach. This was my idea. I wasn't going to tolerate sitting around Bubba's aunt's house waiting for the ball to drop at midnight and going to bed half an hour later. I need some belly aching laughs to ring in the new year. I don't plan on getting wasted, but it would be fun.

I went to Noah's Bagels for lunch today and while waiting for my order an old man with a grandpa hat, walking cane, and trench coat gave me Happy New Year's greetings...then whispered "you're beautiful". I wasn't sure if I should've been creeped out or don't take compliments well. I said thank you and booked it out of Noah's as soon as my order was up.

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S all you BEAUTIFUL people! See you next year!!!

No comments: