4.07.2008

WTF Kind of Day

I'm having a WTF? kind of day. Or maybe the Food Gods hate me today. Everything I've eaten since this morning has been pissing me off.

First...breakfast. I loves me some fruit granola from Trader Joe's mixed in with my soy yogurt (also from TJ's). I packed everything up in my lunch cooler this morning EXCEPT for the granola. Wah. I got over it and ate the yogurt anyway. It's just not the same without the crunchy texture of yum.

I had bought a yummy looking shrimp salad from Costco the other day and looked forward to eating it for lunch. I took a couple bites and I was SO disappointed in it. It didn't taste as good as it looked nor was it much of a salad. Underneath all the labeling and all the shrimp on top I thought there would be more 'salad' under it. Instead it was a ridiculous amount of shrimp (overkill) mixed with chopped celery, a watery mayo dressing of some sort, grape tomatoes, with a side of lemon wedge. No. That is not a salad.

I threw it away and went down to the deli down the street. I normally order the turkey cranberry sandwich from a mom and pop place. It's simple...dark wheat bread with thin turkey slices, mushed up cranberry sauce (most likely canned...shut up I like it) and a scoop of moist stuffing spread over the turkey that totally makes this sandwich worth paying $6 for. No mayo with a side of half a pickle. Believe me, it's good eats. There's a new guy behind the counter and he took my order. I order it to go, guy at register throws it in a paper bag, I paid, and brought it back to the office. I'm so hungry and looking forward to chowing down. I get to my desk, unwrap my sandwich, and....THERE'S NO FUCKING STUFFING!!!!! UGH!!! Only cranberry and turkey. Complete disappointment comes over me and I want heads to roll. I was very close to wrapping it back up and having the deli add stuffing but I was starving . Taking out 15-20 more minutes of my lunch hour just wasn't worth it today. This fucking new guy who made my new sandwich needs to go. No creature of habit likes their food fucked with. I ate the damn sandwich. Unsatisfied.

This makes me wonder what dinner will bring me.

No comments: