4.14.2008

Thanks Scalpers

Tickets for Flight of the Conchords went on sale yesterday morning. I made sure I was up early to purchase them through Ticketmaster online. I clicked on the "buy tickets" button right at 10am. I picked out 2 tickets for the main floor at the Masonic. It spat out 2 floor seats on the side of the stage about 14 rows back. Can't get any better than that and the venue is very small. I accepted the tickets and seconds later I get an error message. Ticketmaster tells me that they can't process my request. WTF?!?!? I tried again 5 more times. Each time I got the message telling me that tickets are no longer available. I was able to get through again and this time the seats were 2 rows closer. AWESOME! Right? No. Ticketmaster fucked me over again. After 30 minutes of trying I gave up.*pout* I checked Craigslist an hour after tickets went on sale.
There was listing after listing of people selling, wanting, and begging for tickets. I refuse to spend more than $45/ticket. That's close to face value including the fees Ticketmaster charges. My only hope is that there will be a second show added or wait for the second season on HBO.

No comments: