4.07.2008

No A's sweep and other weekend stuff

I spent a crapload of money over the weekend, starting with getting my hair done on Friday. My hair has some highlight oomph to it. I hated my hair all black (and gray...aging sucks). Bubba and I rented movies that night. One of them was Into the Wild. We ended up watching it late and I fell asleep mid-way through. I was tired, not bored. What I did see was good. Then I woke up 15-20 minutes before it ended. Yes, the part of the movie that was just so heartbreaking. The music/sound is what woke me up. Sheesh. I'm gonna have bummer images in my head for days about that movie, especially knowing it was based on a true story. Bubba said he teared up quite a few times. I must have been asleep when he did. So sad. I need to watch a fluffy movie.

I bought a ton of crap at Costco I didn't need to for Sunday's tailgate/Amy's birthday. We got to the coliseum parking lot and found a spot near the entrance gates. We were the first to arrive at 10am and we waited for everyone to get there. I got way too much booze and food. Most of it didn't get touched. Note to self: Don't bring anything good or healthy to a tailgate...BRING ONLY cheap booze, hot dogs, and chips and dip. I'm almost tempted to have a get a together so I can get rid of the beer but not until my bank account gets replenished. I'm not much of a beer drinker but I did have a bottle or two of what Bubba picked out. Pyramid Hefeweizen is good stuff.



The A's didn't sweep Cleveland as I had hoped, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Just sucks we attended the losing game.

No comments: