3.24.2008

Mraz Season

Every other Spring since 2003 when I discovered Jason Mraz, he has consistently come out with a new album or goes on a big promotional tour.

Like clockwork his new album is coming out and he's touring this way in April. I'm so torn about going. I shouldn't be since I want his baby...but I'm feeling a bit too old to go to his concerts. Let me rephrase that. I'm too old to get to the Fillmore early in line to get a decent spot when the doors open so I'm able to see Jason on stage. It's a small enough venue but once there's a wall of giants who have wriggled their way between the 3 inch space that separates me and the person in front of me then I'm ready to either throw down, buy $40 of alcohol to chill, or go home. Did I mention the 4+ hours I get to stand from the point I get in line to the time the show ends? I've done it before but shit...I want a damn seat that's not general admission! It's possible he'll come back again by summertime and have concerts at the Mountain Winery where there are seats are reserved and the venue is small. Should I wait? Hmmm...

So I leave you with his latest video. It makes me want to go to Hawaii. The Northshore. My haven (and I can have as many Matsumoto shave ice cones as I want!!!).

No comments: