3.03.2008

Pre-Spring Misery

It's not really winter anymore, right? The 70 degree weather and the pink flowers blossoming on the plum tree in my backyard is telling me so. The sun is shining on me as I sit on the couch yet I feel like complete shit. I was around way too many crowds last weekend and I was bound to catch an icky virus. I started feeling sick last weekend during Stitches West on Sunday. It was just a headache and it went away by Monday. Then by Tuesday night after leaving knitting group my throat started to feel a bit sore. By Wednesday morning my throat was killing me and after that it all went down hill. WAAAHHH. I had a bunch of plans to hang out with friends over the weekend but all of it went out the window and I'm bummed. I did go dog sit for my brother and drove over Friday night. I was concerned that Miss Bijou would be hyper the entire weekend but I think she felt my pain, plus she's not as active after she blew her hind right knee last week. Poor puggy. We were both miserable hanging out on the couch watching tv & hopped up on medicine.

I called in sick today. I'm still weak and all the coughing has made my voice sound like I've smoked all my life. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in days. Man, I miss my normal routine. I want my energy back!

No comments: