12.09.2006

Sick of being sick


Right about now I should be getting ready to go out for Party Bus weekend but I'm not. I felt a cold coming on last weekend and it got worse as the week went on and it didn't help that I couldn't take any sick days off to get better. Friday morning I told my friend that invited me that there's no way I can go out tonight feeling the way I do. Fortunately he found someone to take my place and I may get my money back. I sulked all day because I had been looking forward to this weekend for the past month. I wallowed in my sorrows at the yarn store. For the past 3 months I've been knitting up gifts for everyone else and now it's my turn to have something for myself. My LYS finally carried the yarn and one of the colorways I wanted for a certain project I've been wanting to make for awhile now. Yippee! I tried working on it last night but I couldn't figure out how to start the pattern until this afternoon. So frustrating. The cat chewing and breaking off my yarn after I got 5 rows in didn't help. Anyway...I'm still bummed about not being healthy enough to go out tonight. :(

No comments: