
I'm listening to the radio at work and hear a commercial about the children car seat laws. If your child is less than 4 feet 9 inches a booster seat is required in order for the seat belt to work properly. Here is what I find on the AAA website:
Booster Seats - Lap and shoulder belts protect average size adults, but children need additional protection. Booster seats give children the lift they need so lap and shoulder belts can do their job. Children should stay in a booster seat until the adult lap belt stays on the upper thighs, away from their stomach, and the shoulder belt comes across the chest without rubbing their neck. Passengers should never ride with the shoulder belt under their arm or behind their back. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommends using a booster seat until the child is 8 years old, unless they are 4 feet, 9 inches tall.
I am 3 inches away from needing a booster seat folks. By the time I'm in my 60's or 70's I'll need a fucking booster seat. Shit. Will my ass even fit in one of those? Stop laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment