
My birthday last Saturday was pretty mellow. Robert and I drove to SF in the late afternoon to catch the sun set at Ocean Beach. It's not the nicest beach but considering where I live I'll take any beach. I chose that area because it was close to the restaurant we were having dinner at that night. Fortunately the weather was beautiful out there. It didn't even get that cold until 15 minutes before the sun disappeared. It was a nice time. We saw a bunch of people starting bonfires before we left. I plan on going back and doing that one night before the weather gets bad. Robert thought we needed a permit to start a fire at the beach but someone he met said that only applies to groups 25 and over. We went to Brothers Korean BBQ on Geary for dinner and it was delicious as usual. We waited less than 30 minutes...that place gets so packed and it's just a hole in the wall. I'm glad I didn't wear nice clothes because I stunk so bad of wood charcoal smoke.

As you can see here I finally finished "My So Called Scarf" knitted with Manos del Uraguay yarn and I love it. I started in late spring and was close to being done before summer but put it away. By the time summer was in full swing it got too hot for me to think about knitting. I had not looked at it since and took it out a few weeks ago to finish. I completely botched binding it off because I couldn't remember how! It had been so long since I knit anything.

When I was in Santa Barbara I started this Irish Hiking Scarf. I found the pattern earlier in the year and wanted to finish the other scarves I was working on before I got into learning this new cable pattern. I had never tried cable knitting but it's quite easy once I found a video online that showed how to do it. It looks complicated but it's not at all. If I can do it then you definitely can too. I made a couple mistakes. This is not a pattern you can mindlessly knit. I kept losing count of my stiches and I refused to frog what I started already. The only person that it will bother is me but whoever I give this to won't really care. The yarn is dark enough that the mess ups are camoflauged.
My next project will be that other scarf I posted last month. I can't wait to try that entrelac pattern. Then after that I will attempt the matching hat that goes with this Irish Hiking scarf. After that I will make my first blanket/afghan. I found inspiration on the knitty site. It'll probably take me two year to finish. It takes me forever to finish anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment