It's past noon. I haven't eaten anything and all I've done today is start a book I just bought yesterday. Right now I am watching the Red Sox/Yankees game and the Yankees are kicking ass at the bottom of the 6th. Why am I watching this when I should be getting ready to go out? I suppose I'm trying to absorb any baseball info. Why is that giant green wall called the "Green Monster" at Fenway Park? I'll forever be a rookie. I've discovered since watching baseball games on tv and actually being interested that I've never watched so many viagra and prostate related commercials in all my life until this summer.
I found this book called I Am Not the New Me by Wendy McClure in the biography section of Barnes and Noble last night. What got me to buy this book were colorful pages of circa 1974 Weight Watchers recipe cards and her hilarious comments for each recipe. Here are some examples. I especially like the Madrilene Cheese Salad recipe card with her comment that says, "It's a shame more salads don't look like pimp hats." Well I think it's funny and so must a lot of other people because she made a book out of them. What I've read so far is hilarious. If you've ever been on WW or currently on WW...then you can relate to her memoir of her weight loss struggle.
Speaking of WW, I have lost a couple pounds this past week. I was pleasantly surprised. It's not like I've been working out like crazy. I only went to the gym twice this week and my diet started out atrociously last week but I must be doing something right. I'm only up 6 pounds from the first 25 lbs I lost about 3 yrs ago and that makes me happy. My cousin/weight loss cheerleader has been very encouraging. Her eating habits rubbed off on me before she went back to school. I am even more determined to drop a dress size.
I have another family thing to go to tonight. Dinner reservations are at an italian restaurant in the City. All that pasta, cheese, and sauce are making me anxious. I know there are healthier options but will I choose them when the veal scaloppini and roast beef au jus are calling my name? I'll try not go overboard and listen to my tummy telling me when it's full. If I make bad choices I'll just start over tomorrow. That's the best I can do. I won't be so hard on myself. It's just food.
No comments:
Post a Comment