6.29.2006

Great Day

I took the day off and it started with a call from a friend I was really happy to hear from. Then I hit the gym for the first time in over a week. Afterwards, I drove over to a friend's place and my cousin met us there to hangout with us. I haven't seen my cousin in months so I was extremely happy to spend some time with her. It was a great day of shopping, eating, and hanging out.

There's this band I've seen live a couple times, Storm and The Balls. Storm Large, who fronts the band, is an amazing singer. Here's an example...not the best song representative of how talented she is, but I think she's awesome. A couple days ago I found out she is one of the finalists for the show ROCKSTAR on CBS. She's competing to front Tommy Lee's new band. I can't wait to see her perform on tv every week. I honestly think she'll go really far in this competition and possibly even win if she can stand the pressure of everything the show brings. Can you imagine? When she gets so well known I can say I saw her perform in a club with less than 75 people AND bought her band's CD straight from her. I'm lame and didn't ask her to sign the CD but whatever. This show combined with Big Brother makes me one happy little biotch. It's my summer thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice day off!!! I can only dream. You surely deserved it though after all the shit going on here.

That's so cool about Storm Large, I totally remember you telling me about her and her band years ago. Now I have some exciting incentive to watch that show!! I wasn't very excited about it because I didn't really know how they could beat last year..and now I do! YAY!! That coupled with BB!! OMG!! We're going to have a fun Reality summer aren't we?

I feel like shit today and don't want to work, but since its the Friday before 4th of July weekend, if I go home sick it looks highly suspicious. Hate that.

Love ya!!!!!