OH yes I do. I have overdosed on the stuff. I LOVE Korean food in general. Last Saturday we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Brothers Korean Restaurant on Geary in San Francisco. We discovered it last year when we were looking for a place to eat at around midnight after seeing a show downtown. This place used to be open till 2am. A couple months ago they changed their closing time to 11pm. I think they're doing so well they don't need to stay open that late anymore. The restaurant is so hole-in-the-wallish one would think that this place wouldn't be that great but this is the best Korean BBQ place I've been to yet. AWESOME food. I think what tipped us off that this was THE place to go was the amount of people eating there at midnight. What I love about this place or any Korean BBQ place is the crazy amount of food they give you. See how packed our table is in the photo! Bubba and I usually order 2 meat dishes. Always spicy pork bulgogi and beef bulgogi. The absolute must eating at Brothers? Grilling the meat at your table. It's just fun. Bubba does all the cooking but he likes it that way. :) They also always give you a good amount of all these little side dishes, most of it spicy. There's sliced fish cake (my favorite), kimchee, bean paste, shredded daikon/carrot, broccoli, spicy cucumber, a gelatin flavored with soy, japchae, anchovies, sprouts, zucchini...and so much more! It's all yummy! If you choose they give you lettuce leaves to wrap up the cooked meat and whatever else you want to eat. Midway through the meal they give you a small pot of spicy soup...it's kind of seafoodie with soft tofu and all kinds of vegetables. YUM!
An hour or so later your belly is so full but you don't regret eating every bite. When you finally leave the restaurant you stink of bbq smoke and spicy food...but you don't care. It was all so delicious. Just remind yourself not to wear your "good" clothes next time you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment