5.22.2006

Festivals and more crafty addictions

There are street fairs and festivals going on all over the bay area. I've already been to two this season and probably would've gone to more if I haven't been so busy lately. It's just a nice time strolling down the streets on a sunny day looking at all the different kinds of crafts and ideas. Bubba likes to purchase pottery from one particular art dealer that he really likes. I like to look at everything from jewelry to photography...whatever catches my eye.

Last weekend I went to the Boogie on the Bayou Festival in Campbell with Erin. I finally got my first toe ring at Once Upon a Toe. I've always wanted one but wasn't sure if wearing it would be comfortable. This place finds the best size toe ring for you and the one I'm wearing now I can't even feel. It's cute. Bubba doesn't like it because he has issues, but I don't care. I think it looks cute on my toe. I also purchased some thumb rings that stack. I just got used to wearing all 3 on my thumb.

Erin's jewelry making is rubbing off on me. Most of the time spent at the festival was getting ideas from all the beautiful OVERPRICED beaded jewelry. We'd look at the jewelry and go...we could totally make that. So what did we do? We drove straight to the bead store. I settled on making earrings and it took me forever to decide on what I wanted to do. Once I picked out the main bead it made it easier for me to figure out the design. An hour later I had a pair of cute earrings with Erin's help.


Now I'm a freakin' addict. (Thanks a lot Erin!!!! Like I needed another addiction.) The next day I was killing time and I found the cutest bead store, Kiowa Rose Beads in the Niles area of Fremont of all places. I wanted to make another pair of simple earrings and there was so much to choose from. You know how there are so many possibilties and you can't seem to focus on an idea? Yeah, that was me in the bead store. I finally settled on round green beads with gold earring hooks and gold spacer beads. Here's the first one I did all on my own.


Not bad, eh? I found some beads that match the first pair of earrings I made and I'm slowly on my way to making a bracelet out of them. I'm sure I'll have more pictures to share next time.

The other day I found yet another bead store in Concord and bought beads to make 2 pairs of earrings. I was so psyched to make them when I got home and discovered the head pins are too big to fit through the beads. I was completely bummed. Guess I'll have to make another trip to the bead store this weekend.

No comments: