4.07.2006

My first time

NOOOO...not THAT first time! I went to my first Major League Baseball game finally. Erin invited me to go to the A's game with her since she had an extra ticket. I almost backed out because 1) I never liked watching baseball, 2) i HATED playing it in PE at school because I'm not sporty and 3) it's just plain boring watching it on TV. *snore*

I actually even told her I wasn't going because the weather was sucky that morning. By the end of the work day it was beautiful outside. The sun was shining and it was warm. I called her up and fortunately for me she had the extra ticket with her when she was on her way to the game. I told her I was going...then I called 5 minutes later and told her I wasn't because I should've really gone home to do chores I've been putting off...THEN I finally said fuck it...I'M GOING! What swayed me was the horrific traffic on the way home that was caused by the roadway falling apart due to the rainy wet weather. Why sit for 2 hours in my car if I can go the opposite MOVING direction of traffic and catch a ride on BART to the game. An hour later I met up with Erin. Poor girl was waiting so long for me.

First we met up with her folks and dropped off our stuff. Then we went to the restroom and got some good ballpark grub. It's all about the garlic fries at the game. By the time we sat down and got situated it was the bottom of the 2nd inning. What surprised me most is that I actually knew a lot of what was going on in the game. This made me enjoy myself at the game even more.

They were playing the Yankees so I think it made the game that much better. I didn't think that half the crowd would be Yankees fans. Of course there was that one obnoxious drunk asshole (Yankee fan) in our section. Still, it was cool people watching.

I just happened to have my knitting stuff with me in the bag brought. PERFECT! I haven't been able to sit my ass down long enough to finish up the scarf I've been working on forever. I'm sure I looked ridiculous but it kept me busy while watching the game. I knitted until my hands froze. It wasn't that cold out when we got there but after the sun went down and you're not moving for 2 hours we bundled up.

By the last couple innings the game was sooo good. The A's won 9 to 4! All the home fans were yelling "SEE YA!!" to the Yankees fans who left the game early. It was funny. With all the drinking going on I'm surprised I didn't witness any fights. Now I'm hooked and I can't wait till my next game. Maybe a Giants game this time? We'll see.

No comments: