4.12.2006

Addictive knitting

You know when you find a beautiful ball of yarn and a cool pattern to use for it? Then you get started and you can't put the needles down? And that's all you think about all day? Yeah, that's me right now. I'm still new to knitting and stuck on scarves but I love finding pretty yarn and looking online to find an easy scarf pattern that's more than garter stitches. I'm using Lion Brand Landscapes in Sunset and I started doing a regular stockinette stitch. I tried making garter stitches on the edges to prevent the scarf from curling but it did anyway. :(
I wasn't happy with this tube. Then I found this pattern. After frogging the scarf three times I finally got it right. Not only can I do the seed stitch now, I can also do a drop stitch too! I'm giddy when I learn something new when I knit. I'm at the end of my second skein and by tomorrow or Friday night I should be done.
I already have my mind on the next knitting project. I need to figure out what to do with 3 skeins of Joann Sensations Marvel (Thick N' Thin) in a multi copper color. It looks cool when I saw it at the store...then I started knitting it up and I didn't like it as much. I think the needles I used were too big. From what I've seen online I'll have to try much smaller sized needles. I'll figure it out and I'm excited.

I finally watched Derailed last night. It got too predictable at the end. I love my sexy Clive Owen (ohhh that voice!!!) but how could his character make so many damn bad decisions? Bubba was like, I would tell you about that first bad decision rather than hide it from you because it just kept getting worse. I was not impressed with Jennifer Aniston. She's so out of her league compared to Clive's acting. I need to watch Closer for the millionth time.

Now back to knitting....

No comments: