Earlier today I had a meet and greet with potential clients for a dog sitting job. I wanted to meet ahead of time just in case I might not be able to handle a dog with reactivity issues that the owners were concerned about. The couple was really nice and their 5 year old male sharpei bull pit mix is probably the luckiest dog ever. The picture above isn't the client's dog but the closest to what I could find of him. I have to commend the owners for not giving up on him. He was adopted with bad manners and hyperactivity but with training, consulting outside help, and lots of patience his behavior has changed leaps and bounds. It's a amazing what good owners who are aware and responsible can do. He's a very sweet pup and I look forward to playing and hanging with him when I am needed. He does have excitement problems when he sees other animals in the street that he can't play with. This means lots of tugging on the leash which can give me a good arm workout during a walk. After walking a couple blocks with the owners I felt like I had a good handle of things. He's definitely a well taken care of happy dog and I was comfortable with him. Everyone liked each other and they'll schedule when needed.
The rest of my Saturday has been chill (read boring) so far. I was set on having chicken chile verde for dinner and cooking it nice and slow in the crockpot. Problem is I had had to prep the ingredients from scratch.
After roasting a bag of tomatillos and lots of garlic I made use of the food processor with the rest of the ingredients the recipe called for. FRESH homemade salsa verde anyone? I could have easily bought a big bottle of a processed version at the store, but eh...I had the ingredients. When it's ready to eat I'm going to have it on top of a homemade knockoff recipe of Chipotle's chile lime brown rice and a scoop of black beans. I'm getting hungry. Two more hours of waiting to go.
Tomorrow is going to be much different when I volunteer at the Sunset magazine's annual celebration fair. I've never been but I want to get there early for easier parking and to enjoy the morning's festivities before my afternoon shift begins. It's what I have to do to push myself to be social with new people. If not I would never leave the house.

No comments:
Post a Comment