5.26.2014

How I do a 3-day weekend

It's Memorial Day weekend. I used to be excited about these long weekends. Not these days. The last 10 months have been an extended never-ending weekend. It's a "working" weekend for me. A friend of mine asked me to pet sit for her awhile ago so she can go on a quick trip to Oregon and I'm happy to do it.  It's sort of a getaway/break from the norm.  I'm very lucky that she and her husband are generous people and I try my best to give back in some way.

I've barely left the house other than picking up a burrito for dinner last night. I'll probably do a grocery run later for pizza toppings so I can use the whole wheat pizza dough I made late last week. My friend is coming home late this afternoon and she does Meatless Mondays so I'll do a margherita pizza and maybe pick up a salad kit for dinner.

My accomplishments this weekend:

  • finishing up a cardigan I knitted
  • swatching for the next knitting project
  • catching up on podcasts while cleaning and prettying up my blogs.

It was time for a slight blog change. Nothing spectacular other than changing fonts, some color, and adding new personalized gadgets for my other interests.

I need to get out in the sun a little bit. I wanted to go to the beach but I think a million people have the same idea. I don't mind the people, it's the hard to find parking I hate. I'll go tomorrow when people have returned back to school and work. It's not like I have much going on. I think I may have chance at a part-time position soon. When in desperation, I'll take what I am offered if it means adding money to my depleting bank account. It's time to hustle. I'll keep looking though.

No comments: