1.07.2010

A New Year, a New Decade & Catching Up

I really lost my blogging mojo the last half of the year. Let me catch up with stuff that happened since...July?

Not much went on till the end of August when I went on vacation in Oahu, Hawaii. Thanks to my cousin Emma and her crazy hubby Howard who lives there we were able to stretch the vacation to almost 2 full weeks and stay with them a couple of days. The decision to stay longer was literally made on the way to the airport. How spontaneous, right?! It was much needed time off.

Between then and November there really wasn't anything exciting to tell. Actually, at the end of September my gray tabby cat passed away. She lived a long 13 years with me and I'll miss her very much. October brought many changes for me at work. I got through the last round out of layoffs but my fellow coworker didn't. Because of the department shrinkage, working at home is no longer allowed. Wahhh! I really miss working from home at least once a week. I was really spoiled when it used to be 2 days a week. *cry*

Thanksgiving day Bubba left for a 2 week trip to Japan to attend a wedding and to experience the whole Japanese culture that he's infatuated with.
During the time he was gone I tried to go visit friends and family to keep myself busy. Time flew and he was back in no time. He said he likes it there but living in the Bay Area is the best place to be. Surprisingly he said the sushi/japanese food here is just as good or even better.

The holidays flew by fast and it was pretty uneventful. It didn't help that I was sick half the month of December. I was so sick I didn't send out Christmas cards this year. I always feel guilty when I don't but I got over it quick. There's always next year.

I'm hoping this year will be much better, more prosperous, and happier than the last...for everyone.

No comments: