9.14.2009

Sick kitty :(

My old kitty was really sick last week after I came back from vacation. She had to be left at the vet's for observation and get hooked up to an IV to get her rehydrated. These pics are from when I visited her in her hospital "room".

Sick Kitty :(

Sick Kitty :(

At first the vet said it could be leukemia but after getting more test results it fortunately ended up being a bacterial infection. Phew! Fortunately it's treatable with antibiotics. I brought her home for the weekend and kept a close eye on her. She's still slowly recuperating and have to bring her back for another blood test this afternoon.

Gabby has never had any health issues until now. Maybe it's due to her getting older and more susceptible to infections that her 13 year old body can't fight off as it used to in her younger days. My older self knows the feeling...

The vet gave me medications in pill form to administer. Ugh. It wasn't easy at first but now I'm a pro being able to shove a pill down Gabby's throat without getting shredded by her claws. Then again she's been too weak to care. I guess when she starts fighting back I'll know that she's back to normal again.

No comments: