10.04.2008

Jumping on the Twilight Bandwagon

If you aren't in the know already, the Twilight phenomenon craze has been going on for the past 3-4 years now. I had no clue what or why people were so into the books. My brother's gf had the books on her bookshelf forever and I never really bothered to pick any of them up to see what it was about. What peaked my interest was the Twilight movie trailer on the Penelope DVD I watched a few weeks ago. A vampire story with a ton of teen angst and forbidden love. Really? I immediately put the book on my Amazon wish list hoping someone would get it for my birthday. As soon as I recieved the last of my gifts and no Twilight book in the bunch, I made a bee line to the nearest bookstore. When I finally got a chance to start reading I could not put it down! I even stayed up till 5am one night so I could finish reading.

I'm trying to not get my hopes up too high about the movie, but I'm excited to see it come to life. What I'm fearing is bad acting and bad editing. It's something to look forward to even if I'm in a movie theater filled with a bunch of teenaged girls. *cringe*



No comments: