I'm not one to voice my political views, but I have to regarding Prop. 8.
I was having a lovely Sunday sleeping in, grocery shopping, picking up 2 more disks of Mad Men from Blockbuster...then I drove home. I was passing by my neighbor's house across the street from me and there was a row of cars parked in front. ALL the cars...ALLLLLL THE CARS had "Yes on Prop 8" written all over them. It's like these neighbors were having a hate rally right across the street from me. It made my blood boil and I'm seriously disgusted that I live so close to people who are so close-minded and passing on their hate and discrimmination to their children and my community. Why don't these Prop. 8 supporters not want anyone in the gay community to be happy and who want to be with a committed partner? I know more straight couples whose marriages haven't lasted more than 5 years compared to at least 1 gay couple I know of that has been together for at least 15 years.
All anyone wants is to love and be loved without being scared of showing it. In my opinion, Prop. 8 is equivalent to making interracial marriage illegal. Did you know that interracial marriage only became legal 41 years ago? Did you even know it was illegal before then? If Prop. 8 passes it will be like taking another 4 steps back into the stone age instead of moving forward.
Please, spread the LOVE, not hate.
No comments:
Post a Comment