Well, I think it's funny! But anyway...I saw Spring Awakening the other night in San Francisco. There was much anticipation and excitement when I scored tickets. Now that I've seen it, I'm not sure if I liked it as much as I thought I would. Maybe I was tired? Too critical? I expected too much? The music didn't WOW me? I knew little of the story. Some of it was surprising...but not really, if that makes any sense. Overall, I liked it but I suppose what it came down to was that I did not enjoy the male lead. His performance was weak and unconvincing. His voice was great except during his falsetto part in one song, but his acting was eh. The rest of the cast was awesome. Then Bubba pointed out that the male lead was the understudy for the night. ARGH! I felt robbed for the amount of I spent on those tickets!!! We've seen shows where an understudy was used in a lead (like in Hairspray) and we weren't disappointed at all. This time though...eh. Maybe I need to see it again...preferrably on Broadway.
No comments:
Post a Comment