5.17.2007

My Cousin's Vegas Wedding

I've been busy the past 2 weeks for my trip to Las Vegas to attend my cousin's wedding. Everything turned out beautifully. The ceremony was in a gorgeous church 5 or so miles away from the North end of the strip. It was kind of located in a weird location...it was between a Mercedes and and a BMW dealership. Yeah...what? Before the ceremony began, my family was so loud in the church that we were reprimanded by the priest telling us we're not in the casinos...we're in the "House of God" and he'd appreciate it if we turned the volume down. It's the first time I can remember my family shutting up so fast.

The reception was at Lake Las Vegas, about 20-30 minutes East of the strip. It's basically a really expensive giant country club. I was told that Celine Dion's home overlooked one of the golf courses. There was a cocktail hour before we sat down for dinner. OPEN BAR! Everyone loaded up as much as we could.

They totally went all out for the wedding. Even the wedding favors were thoughtful. They gave us each a mini first aid kit. My cousin is a doctor and the bride is a registered nurse. Cute cute cute. In addition we got a cd of all their favorite songs which they also played in the background as we were eating dinner. I'm so happy for my cousin and his new wife. All 260 of us guests had such a good time. Guests partied until 1 am. Here are
pictures from the wedding. I can't even imagine all the hard work that went into prepping a wedding like that.

Overall a good trip, but very exhausting. I barely had a chance to rest. I was happy to see my entire family together again and even happier that some drama that's been going on for awhile was resolved. It was a great excuse for a family reunion.

No comments: