11.28.2006

It's not even December yet!

This morning I walked into my department and found my co-workers decorating our area with all the Christmas decoration crap they could get their hands on that was kept in one of the filing cabinets. OH MY GAWWWWWWDD! It's like Santa and all 12 of his reindeer shit on our cubicle area. It looks so trashy I want to cry. Now, don't get me wrong. It's not that I am anti-Christmas. I work in a "professional" environment and I'm beyond embarrassed because it looks so bad. I've been trying to keep myself from tearing down the lights and ornaments. It's too much! I know the co-workers are trying to be festive but this is ridiculous.

Here is the view from my desk:



That is NOTHING. There are 3 types of garland strung all over the walls and tree ornaments hung inside and outside our area. There is enough lighting in here to heat a small village in the North Pole. I almost wish one of the higher ups in the office would walk by and tell us to tone it down. I would do it happily. The co-workers keep trying to talk me into putting decorations and adding lights to my desk. No thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

sorry, can't stop laughing

only because I too live in your hell. :)

I think you should start suggesting super ridiculous things like...."hey, we should all dress up like elves on fridays".... and stuff like that. Just to see your cubemates salivate at the thought.

ahhhh the holidays......

jeaniebeanie said...

muthafucka...only you would understand my pain. you're on crack if you think i'm suggesting anything crazy. i wouldn't put it past them if they took me seriously.