It's that time again. The gray ugly hairs have been showing for almost 2 months. I decided to dye it myself. I know that going dark is a million times easier than going light. I haven't done it in close to 10 years because I'm scared of doing some damage like I did then. My hair felt like straw after awhile and it was gross that I vowed to not ever do it myself again. I bought henna dye from Lush because there's no chemicals involved and it's much kinder to hair. Problem is that the whole process takes 8 hours. With the rainy weekends that had just passed I thought I'd have the time to stay home for henna dying. I was so wrong. Eventually when I know I'm not going anywhere I'll try it.

Yesterday I broke my vow and bought some relatively cheap (compared to what my salon charges!) hair dye by Garnier Nutrisse (in pic above). Did I pick it based on the pretty asian chick on the box? I sure did! There were so many to pick from so I based my decision on what an asian would use. The clincher was the claim of "100% gray coverage" on the box. For a moment I thought of going dark brown for the warmer weather but thought I'd screw that up. Another time.
I applied it as soon as I got home, prepped some dinner and 25 minutes later there was no trace of gray. I'm impressed with the Garnier brand. It even smelled nice, no eye burning chemical smells like it used to be. In 6-8 weeks when the grays come out to remind me of my lost youth, I'm going to try a different Garnier dye that specifically gives dark hair a little more oomph for the summertime.
No comments:
Post a Comment