12.23.2007

Holiday Proscrastination

I'm all done shopping. All that's left is to do the dreaded gift wrapping today. I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve already, which is when Christmas officially begins for me. We're spending tomorrow with Bubba's family and then my family on Christmas Day. Sheesh. We'll be driving all over the place again.

The freebie gods must really like me this month. Liza Palmer is one of my favorite writers and I loved her first novel that came out a couple years ago. I got on her mailing list and she sent an email this morning telling her readers that the first 5 people who respond back to her email will get a signed copy of her upcoming book, Seeing Me Naked (officially out on Jan. 8). I replied as quickly as I could and crossed my fingers. Minutes later I got a reply back from her to tell me I'm one of the first 5!!! Wheee!! I'm so excited. I haven't picked up a book in forever since I've been spending a lot of my free time knitting. I hope I get it before New Year's weekend so I can read it while I'm dog sitting at my brother's. I'm sure I won't be able to put it down when I start it.
Alrighty, I gotta go wrap all the gifts now. I'll leave you with my favorite part of "Love Actually" where the little girl sings Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You".
Merry Christmas!





No comments: