The normal drill is that as names are read off a list the recipient of the reward goes up to the partner handing out the gifts, shakes his hand, hands you the gift, you flash a smile, then go sit back down. OH NO. Not this time. Partner in charge wanted to change things up. Every single person (30+ people out of the 200ish in the room!) getting recognition was introduced by a partner, mentioned any professional accomplishments, how hard working they are, how much a client loves them, and any other personal info that would impress us, etc.
While I waited my turn, I was like...hmmm...great. WTF is a partner going to say about me? My name was called, I think I blacked out on the way up to the front as I don't do well getting singled out in front of large groups of people. I was just going to hang out on one side of the front while the partner handing me my gift embarrassed me...but nooooooooooo. They forced me to move smack dab in the middle up front. Argh. I honestly don't remember what the partner said about me but I felt that I was up there longer than I should've. I remember laughter. I think I even snorted. Snorted! In front of everyone. Gawd. I'm gonna go dig a hole and die in it.
So yeah. Here's what I got. A Montblanc pen.
Very nice but I wasn't impressed until a co-worker told me how much they run. Excuse me while I go sell it on Craiglist.
No comments:
Post a Comment