11.17.2007

The quest to buy overpriced kitschy PJs for dirt cheap

I somehow got on a mailing list for The Cat's PJs some years ago. Their PJs are so cute but never owned any because they're sooooo pricey.Seriously, did you see the pricing? Twice a year they have a huge sale at their warehouse and I never took advantage of the deals until this year. I went alone to the sale early this year and I was totally in over my head. I took that experience and had a better plan AND not spend nearly as much as I did before. I asked Erin if she wanted to go and she was down for it. I prepped her for complete madness with my secret tips on how to survive and get what you want at this sale. Basically...get in line early before the doors open so you get first dibs in the first 5 minutes. After the first 5 minutes it's complete chaos, you can barely move in the small space, and women start getting that crazy look in their eyes. I'm not kidding. Erin knows what I'm talking about.

Fortunately the experience this time was pleasant. The company moved the warehouse to a bigger space twice the size of their other location so it wasn't as clusterfucked. I also noticed people were a bit more courteous. Women apologized when they accidentally bumped me. We were in and out in half an hour! Believe them when they say that paying with cash is a lot faster to check out than paying credit with their single credit card machine.

After paying and looking at all our loot we bought, we went back in to see the aftermath of what was left.


The shelf next to Erin was closest to the check out line and people threw their garments they didn't want here. About 15 min. before that area was jam packed full of people and the shelf was practically empty like the other pic on the right shows.



This pic on the left is me looking like death on 5 hours of sleep after shopping. The one on the right is us very happy that we got out alive and satisfied with our purchases. Hee! I was glad that I stayed within my spending budget.



This is me after trying on my pink fluffy robe (one of my selfish purchases) and right before I crashed for a big nap. I haven't taken it off since.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh....how tired were you after our shopping adventure? I was ready to hit the sack at 7PM...couldn't believe it! Anyways, it was fun, and I'm ready for next time.