11.13.2007

Just another convo with Mom...

...that makes me want to rip my ears off and poke out my eye balls.She called me earlier today to discuss what I'll be bringing to the family Thanksgiving potluck. Every time the family gets together there's enough food to feed a small country for days. I had not replied back to my aunt yet what I'll be bringing to her house. I figured I'd wait til the end after everyone told her what they're bringing so she could just tell me what was needed.

My dad is making his beef stroganoff. Odd right? A Filipino making stroganoff? Yes. It's his specialty and it's one of mine and my brother's favorite meals when my dad cooks...which he rarely does these days. My mom is making the family's favorite babinka and I talked her into making one of my favorite desserts, leche flan. My mouth is watering already.
So anyway, the part where I wanted to shoot myself in the head was when she goes, "Don't make that soup you always bring, just bring a pie."

I said, "I wasn't going to make soup anyway."

Mom says, "What? You're not going? Why? You're not coming for Thanksgiving?!" in the most shocked tone ever.
OK....now read that over. How in the hell did she derive/interpret me not making soup as not joining them for Thanksgiving? She probably didn't hear me clearly because I could hear my dad talking loudly to her at the same time in the background. OMG. I had an instant headache. All I know is that I am bringing pie. What kind? I dunno. Lucky for me my mom didn't ask.

No comments: