9.04.2007

Trapped on the Couch

I didn't have an eventful 3-day weekend. With the Bay Bridge closed for construction (the easiest way to drive to SF/Peninsula from where we live), Bubba and I didn't see his family like we normally do on a holiday weekend. We could've if we wanted to spend 2+ hrs on the road to get there. Taking BART was an option but I don't think we wanted to make the effort since we heard on the news that it was packed. No thanks. I did take BART to Oakland to get to the game and then to SF with Erin on Saturday and it seemed fine, but on the way back home it was a little crazy. Literally. I boarded at the Montgomery station and the first seat I saw was next to a lady that seemed normal at first glance. Her purse was in the seat I was going to take. I thought she'd move it for me but she didn't...then she started talking to herself. I thought maybe she had a bluetooth earpiece on and was on her cell phone...but no. What she was saying didn't make sense.It was gibberish. I walked as fast as I could to another open seat. Turns out she was somewhat schizophrenic. She talked up a LOUD storm the entire trip. She was either talking to "someone" or talking as someone else. She was harmless but she got annoying to listen to. Listening to my iPod couldn't even drown her out. I got a headache.

The majority of the weekend was spent on the couch. It was a Nip/Tuck and Heroes marathon weekend. Woo. Bubba is addicted to Heroes. Blockbuster didn't have the next DVD we needed so he ended up buying the entire first season. Patience is not his forte.

Work is pretty dead. It should be all week. Looks like I'll have lots of time to catch up on Heroes before the new season starts.

No comments: