Saturday:
Got up early to go to the A's vs. Rangers game. It was also Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Bubba got us Field Box seats in the first row right in front of the Rangers bullpen. It included VIP parking (awesome!) and a $20 food concession certificate. When we got to our seats we found this month's Oakland A's magazine with Dan Haren on the cover and a bag of peanuts. We also had the option to have food served to us. We took advantage of it. Problem was the food was overpriced and sucked. Oh well...lesson learned was to get off my ass, stand in line and get my own damn food. Overall, I had a very nice time at the game. It's cool the A's won too.
We asked Jolyne and Gary to have dinner with us at Fattoush in SF. Fortunately they didn't have any plans that night since it was our sneaky way of taking out Jolyne for her birthday. We spent the night at their house since we had to be up early the next day. I had a big glass and a half of wine...I passed out by 10:30. After sitting in the sun for 4 to 5 hours and ending the day with alcohol and a big meal, I couldn't stay awake.
Sunday:
I woke up to my phone buzzing...birthday wishes via TMs and phone calls. =) Sweet! By mid-day my cell died and I didn't have my charger with me. I was sad I couldn't reply or call back anyone.
Bubba and I had brunch at Foreign Cinema in The Mission in SF. I thought we were going to arrive late because finding street parking in that area was ridiculous. This area of Mission St. isn't the best either. Bubba asked if we were in the right place because it didn't seem right. I studied the map to find it and I was very sure...I told him to look for the "trendy hip" people. We saw. We followed. We found Foreign Cinema. If I ever walked by this place I would've never known what I was missing. I honestly would've thought it was a small movie theater. Half of the the restaurant is inside, the other half is in a covered super sunny patio. Since it was a nice day we chose the patio. Everything ordered was soooooooo good. We stuffed ourselves silly. At night they play a foreign movie of the month for dinner. I heard dinner isn't as good as brunch but I'll just have to decide for myself.
We stayed in the Mission and shopped on Valencia (I couldn't remember which way it was...we followed the "trendy hip" again). A couple hours later we were at Bubba's sister's house for family dinner and to celebrate birthdays. More food. More wine. I received wonderful gifts, including a much needed new camera from Bubba (YAY!!!).
It's Not Over Yet:
I took Monday and Tuesday off to not think about work. Two days goes by really fast when I have no set plans and don't have to be stuck in front of a computer all day. So...back to the office tomorrow. =( But here's the cool part - I work at home the rest of the week. Not sure how I pulled that off. Boss must have been in a good mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment