9.07.2007

OMG! Why are my eyes burning?!?!

Here's a good random bit to know. After handling and chopping up a jalapeno (or any hot pepper) with your bare hands, remember not to rub your eyes!!!!!! Even if you wash your hands 20 times with soap and water there's still some sort of pepper residue on your hands. I learned the hard way. I made some fresh salsa last night (soooo yummy) and I rubbed my eyes when I got up this morning. YIKES! Man...the potency of the residue on my fingers did not fade overnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My eyes hurt just reading that!!!!

Rick Born said...

So I randomly found your blog when searching on jeep stuff (found your jeep and deer blog, my wife has what seems to be the exact same silver liberty limited),, anyway,,, yeah I've lived the pepper thing, I grew a bunch of habanero's for homemade salsa and pepper sauce this year, don't touch your eyes and not to be graphic but don't touch anywhere "private" either. ;-)