“I want to be that kind of soul singer that sings love songs and for me to do that the only love I could sing about was about people who I loved who never loved me back.” - Sam SmithI caught Sam's statement at the end of an entertainment news show while they showed him and Mary J. Blige singing a duet of his song "Stay with Me." It caught me off guard because I know his unrequited love too well. If you do too then you must buy his album, "The Lonely Hour." He's like Adele in male form with songs from the same broken heart. Do you sit alone in the dark weeping while listening to their albums? I may have.
Enjoy a little Sam soul...
Then there's Sia...
I've been a fan for years but her voice in Chandelier kills me during the chorus. Haunting and emotional. The girl dancing in the video makes it even more heart wrenching. This is too much vulnerability for me to handle.
OH and they performed it live on Ellen.
I'm also a sucker for contemporary choreography. Mia Michaels anyone?
I can't wait for So You Think You Can Dance to really start the competition. Summer shows are just starting!
No comments:
Post a Comment