8.12.2013

Change sucks but life goes on...

...and sometimes you go back to where you started from. In my case, it means moving back home with the parents nearly 2 years ago. Life can surprise you and not in good ways. A month ago I was also layed off from my oh-so-fabulous job. No, not really but it was paying off debt and misc. bills. I intended to leave the company (on my terms), but not that early. I'd like to think this is a blessing in disguise but at the same time I'm currently living without medical insurance (COBRA insurance can go fuck itself...how can one surviving on unemployment checks afford that?!) and my last paycheck + measly severance + PTO paid out. I have yet to get my first unemployment check. I'm almost afraid to see how much it will be.

In the meantime I've been super busy babysitting, house sitting, and cat sitting. Only the latter was a paying gig since it's not a immediate family member or very close friend. It's like I haven't really been home for the past month. It also means I've been procrastinating working on my resume like I can afford to not have a job. So not the case. Also, I've been making an effort to hit the gym and take group classes. I've taken Zumba twice. One I liked, one I didn't. I'm heading to another one in a few minutes at a different location that I'm used to. I don't even know if I like Zumba or not. My body doesn't seem to move the way it should while figuring out where my feet go but I'll get it eventually. 

Time to get into workout clothes before I talk myself out of it. Gotta get my cardio in and lose a few pounds before attending a certain wedding I'm excited for...but not excited for. That's a story for another day. 

No comments: