8.02.2012

Vietnamese coffeeeeee!!!! Hoooorrrraayyyy!


Vietnamese coffeeeeee!!!!, originally uploaded by Filipina Sakura.

So I'm crazy wired. I'm on my 3rd glass of Vietnamese iced coffee today. I hope I can sleep tonite. I've never tried making it until today. I came across a YouTube video while I was looking for instructions on how to make Vietnamese spring rolls....


I made a visit to the nearest Asian market (there are 3 within a 5 mile radius of my house which is AWESOME!) and found the coffee filter they used in the video. I always see them at the markets but never thought to make it on my own. It's not all that difficult. The trick is to pack down the ground coffee and add a little water so it expands and the water won't go right through (which is what happened on the 1st try). It's supposed to drip slowly, but not so slow it'll take more than 5 minutes to filter the coffee. I got the hang of it eventually. Turning the filter to make the water go faster/slower (it screw into the grounds to make a tight or loose pack) helps a lot.

No comments: