8.03.2012

Vietnamese Spring Rolls


I've spent many hours wrapping lumpias with my mom that I got enough nerve to try making Vietnamese spring rolls. The concept is similar but you add super fresh veggies, different forms of cooked meat, and spring rolls are 10 times healthier than fried lumpia.

As I sought out the ingredients, I quickly learned that not all asian markets are the same. It took 3 different visits to asian markets close by the house to finally find the rice paper wraps.


The prepping of the ingredients took some time...


...including making the hoisin peanut dipping sauce.

Voila! Can you tell which one I made first? LOL 


It only took 3 long hours to finally eat them but in the end it was a nice reward. I even saved enough to have for lunch the next day. My parents liked them and they're not very adventurous outside of Filipino dishes and whatever food they make themselves.  

I have so much left over ingredients I didn't use that I plan to make more this weekend or for more lunches next week. Delish!

No comments: