I've been following Beckie's blog for a couple years now. I discovered her coming across a photo she posted on Flickr. I was in awe of a pumpkin carved into a Hello Kitty Jack o' Lantern . As you may know, I've been a Hello Kitty admirer for most of my life. I even contemplated getting a tattoo of her somewhere on my person. I noticed she had a blog link. I clicked on it and the rest is history. But anyway...what does this have to do with eggs? Becky posted a breakfast post and pic of a soft boiled egg and slices of toast called toasted soldiers. I had never heard of this till then. I mean, really...it's just toast and eggs but it looked delicous! I did some research (I Googled "toasted soldiers") and found out this was a British breakfast favorite. The next time I have a lazy morning I'm going to make this. I'm even going to find an egg cup later today. Where do I find one of those?! Target? I'm going to try these instructions from youtube and follow this cute dippy eggs and soldiers blog posting. If I don't succeed with the help of step by step instructions I have no business cooking at all.
Maybe it's the upcoming London Olympics coming in a few days but it got me thinking about other favorite British dishes I'd like to try to make...
Scotch Eggs
Yorkshire Pudding
Bubble and Squeak
Yes, I definitely have British food on the brain. Ohhh and I totally forgot Bangers and Mash! Shepherd's pie! Maybe next weekend when I have more time I'll go crazy and make these. Brit food potluck party anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment