To console myself I stopped to shop at Ross with a mission to find random crap to buy. I held myself back from buying kitchen items and a very wanted Le Crueset dutch oven. I scored on a cute enough work top and 2 cardigan sweaters. One of them is made out of cotton shirt material and the other one is knit with a cute cable/garter stitch/feather and fan with a slight bit of lace combo going on:
I like that there's the same detail on the sleeve and not a boring ribbed cuff.
And because I love pink flower-like sakura blossoms I bought these (sorry it's blurry, best I could do with my iPhone camera:
For $2, I thought I'd give my first stick on nails a try. I hope they don't look too fake when I apply them. Not sure when I'd use them though. I won't be surprised if I don't use them till February...prime cherry blossom season.
Then I went grocery shopping. I plan to make (not necessarily in this order):
- Chicken Makhani (indian butter chicken)
- Apple Dumplings
- Fried Pickle Chips
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- Matcha Cupcakes
- Cheese onion rolls
- and maybe Apple Sauce Bread
That's a scary artery clogging list. I'll be eating like a piggy all weekend, not to mention at the oyster picnic in Tomales Bay on Sunday. I'm so looking forward to a brie, ham and dijon mustard sandwich on a soft crunchy roll that I'm gonna put together for the picnic. So simple and tasty! I hope I can find the perfect roll....it can make or break the sandwich.
No comments:
Post a Comment